Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ


Content:   

So far, you have: completed your summer mentorship, started doing some research, maybe completed the interview and hopefully found a mentor.

Using what you have done so far, answer the following 5 questions (be specific and use examples).

The Pentagon: 
(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happen as a result of what you have completed so far?
a. Due to the nature of my summer mentorship, I started helping people and overall improving my relationships with the people around me. For example, I have a standing appointment to help tutor several of my piers next week who are not having such an easy time in science. I want to continue expanding my friendships because I now realize that this is senior year, and I don't want to be remembered as the guy who was a jerk to everyone. 

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?
a. I performed my interview pretty early, about two and a half weeks before it was due actually, and something that came to light from my mentor is that I was focussing too much on the medical aspect of missionary work, instead of the missionary part. My mentor emphasized that this was about doing what we could for people in the name of God, and that it was our goal to help people spiritually as well as physically.
(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?
I started taking a more proactive approach with the activities that go along with senior year, like helping design a potential sweater idea for example. This attitude of being a bigger part of the community has really helped me as a whole in actually getting my work done to the best of my ability. I want to continue this path and hopefully set a pace that I can continue after high school and use that momentum through college. 

(4) What hasn't worked so far?  
In all honesty, I think this is the best performance I have given since my first day at iPoly. My only hope is that it does not die down as the weeks go by and that I am able to keep up my effort in everything I do at school. On a smaller note, I am also having a hard time moving forward with my plans of doing daily problems for mrs. Pittman's class as the difficulty of the problems outpace the content we are taught in class. 

(5) Finding Value:  
  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
So far the best question that comes to mind after my research is 'What is the best way to provide medical care to developing countries?'
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to to find it.  
I plan on continuing on my medical missions to Tecate, Mexico with the ultimate goal of taking place on the medical missions to the Philippines this February .

No comments:

Post a Comment