Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Extra Blog 1: Interesting research facts


Interesting Fact on Medical Missions

                         The most question inducing single fact that I have found so far in my research is located on medical missions.org, which, by the name alone, you can tell is dedicated to the topic of helping provide medical care to developing countries. Upon digging into the site, I found a list of official scheduled medical missions for 2013. I found that the Philippines has 112 scheduled medical missions this year, while Mexico only has 6, this may be in part due to that some missions are operated by individuals like my grandfather, so maybe there are a lot more missions taking place there, but it made me think about how our efforts can be best directed in performing these missions... Fruit for thought. Below is a graph I found online about the percentage of the world that lacks adequate medical care.




This picture is a statistical graph I found while researching medical missions and the lack of adequacy of medical care in third world countries. The picture speaks for itself, but the figure of 7.6 million really shocked me when I first read it



No comments:

Post a Comment