Thursday, April 24, 2014

Independent Component 2


LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

1. I, Robinson Baron, affrim that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. 
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
2. The source that helped me complete my independent component would have to be the medical mission trip I took to the Philippines. 
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
3. Done
(d) Explanation of what you completed.    

I went to the Philippines and assisted in various major and minor surgeries, performing tasks ranging from simple to complicated sutures, to lumbar punctures, administering anesthesia, and making basic cuts and incisions. 

INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  


Suture machine!
APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.

a. This component allowed me to gain first hand insights and back up the research answers that I had found previously, and on top, helped teach me that even though the answers I gave are black and white for realistic purposes, that it takes something more, like understanding and compassion, to do what medical missionaries do.

No comments:

Post a Comment