Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Senior Project, The Holiday



Content:

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?
a. over the break, I was taught how to suture an incision and apply stitches, something that I will be expected to do when I take my trip to the Philippines later this month. I have included a couple pictures of my first few stitches for evidence, I did not find it graphic myself, but just a warning.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?


a. The most important thing that came from learning how to suture would be preciseness, and by that I mean that when I am making a stitch, there's a part of it that involves only going in halfway through the top layer of the skin, and the problem with that is if I put the needle in too deep, i run the risk of overlapping the skin and making a bad scar, on the other hand, if I go too light, i can tear the skin completely and the stitch would not do its primary job, which is to hold the skin together where there has been a cut. The source of this came from trial and error when practicing my stitching. 

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
a. At this point, there are several doctors in the Philippines that have acted as liaisons over there ever since my grandfather started the mission, so they would have the best possible perspective being directly involved in the missions and being located in a country where they need that kind of medical help 

No comments:

Post a Comment