Monday, January 27, 2014

January Extra Blog

This week is pretty hectic, I leave for the Philippines medical mission on thursday and I still have so many things I need to do! packing, taking care of the pets, lesson 2, wrapping up the work I'm missing while I'm gone, and a bunch of other things I need to do to help prepare for the mission, like the group packing taking place later this week. Something I want to note for future reference is how much more work goes into an independently run organization like this because while things like Doctors Without Borders has people who's job it is to organize missions to make sure everything goes smoothly, the doctors who take part on this mission must juggle their regular jobs as well as plan everything themselves. That hard and extra work is rewarded though in the form of the ability to help many many more people and many more types of ailment over a shorter amount of time due to the independency. Thats pretty much all I need to note for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment