Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals



1.  List your topic here: Medical Missionary Work 
2.  What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs?  Be specific and use an example.  Examples can come from senior project, model assembly, core, and/or participation in senior class ASB or other organizations on campus (clubs etc).
  • iPoly Citizen
    • As an iPoly citizen I plan to get involved in the planning and execution of major school events. To be specific, I was just talking to Jeremy today about ideas on how we could step up Scare Fair as I rememebered the day before Purther talking about how the best year was 200(3?). In general participation is what I see myself doing more to show growth as an iPoly citizen. 
  • Effective Learner
    • As an effective learner I wanted to experiment in Mrs. Pittman's challenge in completing all of the physics problems in the book she assigned us. There's around 50 per chapter so it may take longer than one semester but in this reguard I believe that this will be my most effective way in showing growth as an effective learner. Doing this will also help me in the class overall and so I'm hoping to do very well in her class
  • Effective User of Technology
    • As for technology, I plan on becoming a better blogger. Last year one of my weaknesses was regularly doing my english blog, so this year my goal is to not only improve my writing, but try and turn in every single blog. Another thing I'd like to be able to accomplish is learning how to make spreadsheets faster on google docs. This sounds weird but when I was making my log for my summer hours I found myself manually deleting columns and numbers one by one, which took me a good hour to complete. 
  • Effective Communicator 
    • Becoming an effective communicator will ultimately stem from my participation in iPoly's speech and debate elective. I would like to believe that I am a good public speaker already, as well as a good debater, my belief comes from the fact that my first semester of in speech I won all of my debates and ended up with a percentage of 107% as my grade. Ms. Schiller has told me that she would like to start an actual debate team to go out to competitions this year, and would like me to be the captain. Aside from my competitions, I plan to show my growth in model assembly as I believe it will be the hardest test so far of my public speaking abilities and as an effective communicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment