Friday, August 16, 2013

Senior Mentorship Component

Literal:  

1. (Know) Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties (click here for an example)
a.  Here is the Spreadsheet document I made to display my hours and duties: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlR-XYQ4aaidElDcF9TcXMzRGZHTHFPVFEyWnJpdkE#gid=0

2. Contact Name & Number
a. Robinson V Baron (same name as me). (626)-260-5135  

3. (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them.  
a. Come the main medical mission in January, will I be able to still contribute positively without getting in the way of actual doctors and nurses? 
b. Even though I was able to contribute on the Tecate mission, since all the Philippines is is basically local and major surgical attention, will it still count as mentorship if I don't have as much hands on time? 
c. After taking part in several missions already, it does not seem like they make a huge difference in the community as every time we visit places we've been before, there's always a huge abundance of people. So basically I'm wondering if there is a better solution to medical missions to provide medical care to poorer places. 

Interpretive

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
a. I learned that when it came to helping people in general, I did not have to provide medical care to make their lives a little better. What I am referring to is when I aided in cooking for over 100 people before sitting in with the medical students who were administering medication. My hope is that this will carry over in the Philippines when the mission gains a lot more depth in procedures. 
  
Applied
   
5. How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.
a.  As previously mentioned, I have taken part in several medical missions already, and taking part in the Mexico one only strengthened the feeling that this topic is one that really interests me and can help build a strong support for a future career. Another major point is that not many people have the opportunity that I do, so it's best to take advantage of it while I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment