Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blog 4: Interview Preparation



1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?

a. For interview 1, I plan to interview my grandfather, Robinson V Baron, chief of staff at Citrus Valley Health Center. My grandfather was an obvious choice for my first interview because he will provide the base and structure of my senior project, which is focussing on medical missionary work. The reason my grandfather will play such an important role in my project is because without him, I would not have any opportunity to take part in the medical missions to both Tecate, Mexico, and the Philippines, both of which he founded and is in charge of. On these missions it is my grandfather who will be my primary mentor in taking me along side him during his work, ranging from patient checkups and rounds, to actual surgical procedures. 

2.  You have to ask 5 questions.  What additional questions do you plan to ask?  Ask open-ended questions.  
a. After reading the contract I noticed that under interview 1 there is a set of 5 questions that I believe are mandatory in helping me narrow down my topic. Along side those questions I would like to gather information on who else can be my mentor on these medical missions as I do understand that it is recommended to find several experts in teaching me about my topic.  I would like to ask about my grandfather's perspective on these missions and what his overall goals are in taking part in them. I think the question I will emphasize the most however is what I can do to prepare myself better for these missions so I can contribute more when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment