Monday, February 24, 2014

Extra Blog: Surigao

I think Surigao was my favorite place when we went to the Philippines for the medical mission. Surigao is known for being one of the best places in the world to go surfing, and I think due to this fact, there were a lot of western influences around the vicinity that we were staying, the most notable being a pizza place, and when every meal consists of fish, you learn to appreciate what you are missing out on a little more. Besides the food, The hotel we were staying at was beautiful, it was not like a commercial hotel, but instead, a family run organization that really made you feel comfortable, not only that but the hotel was situated right on the ocean so we had a great view to look out onto. For much of the time I was in Surigao I travelled to a mining compound where all the minor surgery was done. Below is a picture of just how beautiful this place was.

No comments:

Post a Comment