Monday, February 24, 2014

Extra Blog: Taguig

Taguig was the first leg of the 2014 medical mission where we spent four days performing on hundreds of patients through three ways: Major cases, Minor cases, and Pharmaceutical care. Taguig is located right outside of Manila so we still had a major city feeling while we were there. Being in a major city one would think that the people there should be relatively healthy compared to more rural parts of the Philippines, but the sad part was that I could not see and variance in the amount of people between the three cities, meaning even the major parts of the Philippines had a lot of poverty. The most notable thing for me experience wise while I was in Taguig would have to be when I was given the opportunity to perform a spinal tap, it was definitely an experience I am grateful to have had and while I hate needles going into me, it was surprisingly just as bad putting them into other people. Below is a general picture of what the city of Taguig looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment